Introducing Dean Martin



Suave, classy and with a terrific voice I give you Dino Paul Crocetti born on June 7, 1917. You are probably thinking, “Who?” Well better known to everyone as Dean Martin a popular American singer, actor, comedian and film producer. One of Frank Sinatra’s good friends he was also given the nickname “King of Cool”. He was another member of the group of entertainers known as the “Rat Pack”, was part of a comedy team with Jerry Lewis known as “Martin and Lewis” and had two TV shows The Dean Martin Show and afterwards The Dean Martin Celebrity Roast. Now let’s take a look at his musical career. 


Dean Martin had a signature tune with which he was always associated and that was “Everybody Loves Somebody”.




 
Dean Martin released his first album in 1952 You Belong to Me with songs like the title tune, “I’ll Always Love You”, “Dreamy Old New England Moon”, and “Solitaire”.

“You Belong to Me”


He was greatly influenced by country music and in 1965 came out with the country music albums Dean “Tex” Martin, The Hit Sound of Dean Martin, Welcome to My World and Gentle on My Mind.  His album Dean “Tex” Martin included such country hits as “I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry”, “Room Full of Roses” and “I Walk the Line” all previously made popular by different country artists.

“I Walk the Line”













Google image 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Is a Bridge Between Two Hearts

Looking Out My Back Door

Heart of Gold