The Golden Voice of Perry Como


He came into this world as Pierino Ronald Como on May 18, 1912 and became an American singer and TV personality. He recorded only for the RCA Victor record label ever since signing with them in 1943. He became known as “Mr. C”. His very first record was called “Goodbye Sue” and came out in 1944. 

His first album came out in 1955 titled So Smooth. It included songs like “It’s a Good Day”, “As Time Goes By” and “For Me and My Gal”.

"As Time Goes By"

One of Perry Como’s biggest hits in the 70s was “And I Love You So”. It was included in his album titled the same along with other lovely songs such as a popular country hit “For the Good Times”. 

"And I Love You So"


His career was long and he acquired many fans. Today you can still listen to his wonderful voice and find something to enjoy and dream about. He came out with his final album titled Today in 1987 looking back at a career spanning 50 years. The album included songs like “Wind Beneath My Wings”, “My Heart Stood Still”, and “You’re Nearer”.

 "Wind Beneath My Wings"





Google image 




 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Is a Bridge Between Two Hearts

Looking Out My Back Door

Heart of Gold